Monday, April 13, 2009

Mamalicious Monday





Find out more about Mamalicious Monday at The Gift Closet!

My daughter had her heart broken for the very first time this week! She got off the bus after school on Monday and ran to her room crying. I went to check on her and she was so heartbroken because her "boyfriend" of 2 months had dumped her on the bus in front of everyone. UGGH!! I hate how mean they can be at this age!! She's so young and it hurts me to see her in pain! In her 6th grade class all the girls are "dating" 7th graders. I call it "dating" in quotation marks because this is a very rural school and "dating" consists of sitting together at lunch and calling each other on the phone. She was floating on cloud 9 when this boy asked her out and now I feel so useless as I try to help her feel confident and work through her pain. Is anyone else dealing with broken hearts and first love with their children?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my! Sorry to say I am not to that point yet with a 6 & 3 yr old. I dread those days!! Hope she feels better soon!

Heather
The Gift Closet