Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Cousin Was Shot In The MO City Hall Shooting.

This has been such a horrible and sad week. My cousin Todd was shot in the hand by an mentally unstable man who gunned down a police officer in the parking lot then entered City Hall in Kirkwood, MO and shot another police officer, 3 council members, the mayor and my cousin who is a newspaper journalist there reporting the city council meeting. The gunman was then shot and killed by police. I cannot believe that someone could become that upset that they would do so much harm to other human beings, especially my cousin who was just there reporting a story. I don't even want to imagine what might have happened if the shooters gun was aimed just a couple of inches closer. It feels so surreal that this has happened to one of my own family members. You see these horrible stories on the TV and you feel so upset and sad for the families but it never seems possible that something like this could affect your own family.

No comments: